If your recipe calls for taco seasoning and you don't have a package handy, use this easy-to-make substitute.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of minced dried onions in a small bowl or cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot paprika.
- Stir to blend.
- When using in a recipe, add salt, to taste.
- Makes the equivalent of a 1 1/4-ounce package of taco seasoning mix.
- Not just for tacos. You can use taco seasoning to spice up meatloaf, burgers, tomato sauce, casseroles, and dips. When you use this seasoning mix in a recipe, add salt to the recipe suit your taste.
What You Need
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste