Here's an easy basic glaze for a tube cake, bundt cake, or coffee cake.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Melt 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- Sift 2 cups of powdered sugar into a medium size bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the powdered sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- If desired, add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for flavor.
- Beat until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Drizzle over a cooled cake.
- For a richer and creamier glaze, use heavy cream in place of the milk.
- Substitute citrus juice for the milk and add a little grated zest for a citrus glaze.
What You Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk, or more