A favorite no-bake treat for holiday parties and special occasions, bourbon balls are a Kentucky tradition. Time required does not include chilling time.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of crushed vanilla wafer crumbs with 1 cup of finely chopped pecans, 1 cup of powdered sugar (confectioners'), and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of bourbon with 1 1/2 tablespoons of light corn syrup. Stir well.
- Stir the bourbon and corn syrup mixture into the dry ingredients; combine well then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Sift about 3/4 cup of powdered sugar onto a baking sheet or wax paper.
- Shape chilled dough mixture into small balls then roll in the powdered sugar.
- Store in tightly covered containers in the refrigerator or freezer.
- This recipe makes about 36 bourbon balls.
- To make rum balls, replace the bourbon with good rum.
What You Need
- 1 c vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 cup bourbon