This simple graham cracker crust mixture is easy to prepare, and may be used for a 9-inch pie or cheesecake.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- In a small saucepan or the microwave, melt 1/2 cup of butter. (1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons)
- Place about 30 graham crackers in a plastic bag. Roll with a rolling pin until finely crushed. This may be done in small batches. Or, use a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Measure 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar to the graham crackers.
- Add the melted butter.
- Stir or blend the ingredients together with your hands.
- Press the crumb mixture into the pie plate or springform pan.
- To pre-bake the pie crust, bake for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 350° F. oven.
- Fill the crust and refrigerate or bake, following your recipe for pie or cheesecake.
- Add a little cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice to the crumbs for a spiced flavor.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 30 graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar