Hot boiled rice is a common ingredient in many recipes, from rice salad to Hoppin John.
Time Required: 25 minutes
- In a 2-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, bring 2 cups of water seasoned with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a rolling boil.
- Pour in 1 cup of long-grain rice.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat and leave covered until serving time.
- Fluff with a fork just before serving.
- This will make about 4 servings.
- If your rice is done but there's excess water, drain using a colander.
- For flavored rice, use chicken, vegetable, or other broth in place of the liquid.
What You Need
- 2-quart saucepan
- 1 cup long-grained rice