Start with fresh, raw peanuts in the shell and roast them yourself.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Spread raw peanuts in the shell in single layer in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 325° for about 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan or stirring frequently during that time. The peanuts will be hot and aromatic. Serve warm.
- 1 1/2 pounds of peanuts in the shell will yield 3 1/2 to 4 cups of shelled peanuts.
- Unshelled peanuts may be refrigerated, tightly wrapped, for up to 6 months. Peanuts may also be frozen.
What You Need
- Raw peanuts in shell
- Baking pan