Cored tomatoes are much easier to handle when peeling. Here's how to do it.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 1 minute
- Place the tomato on its side, holding it steady with one hand.
- Just outside the core and next to the stem, insert a small knife about 1 inch into the tomato.
- Rotating the tomato as you cut, carve a full circle around the stem end, keeping the point of the knife angled towards the center.
- Remove the core.
- Use cored, peeled tomatoes in sauces, salads, and other dishes.
- For stuffed tomatoes, cut a wider circle then remove all of the pulp.