The flavor of a "fully cooked" ham is greatly improved by heating. Here are the basics.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: varies
- First, check the label for instructions. It should be labeled "fully cooked" or "cook before eating."
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If the ham is labeled "fully cooked" (does not require heating), heat for 8 to 10 minutes per pound, or to an internal temperature of 140°F.
- If the ham is labeled "cook before eating," heat to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Before glazing a ham, remove all but about 1/4-inch of the fat.
- For a tasty, caramelized coating, sprinkle the fat of the ham with brown sugar which has been pressed through a sieve.
- Ham With Cola and Maple Glaze
- Recipes Using Ham
- Baked Ham with a Secret Glaze
- Baked Ham Recipe Index
- How-To Index