Keep okra fresh longer by following these simple steps.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 1 minute
- Place fresh okra in a paper bag, or wrap it in a paper towel and place inside a perforated plastic bag.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- For longer storage, blanch the whole okra then freeze.
- When preparing the downy variety of okra, gently scrub the the surface with a paper towel.
- Before cooking whole okra, slice of the tops and ends.
- How to Choose Okra
- Okra with Corn and Tomatoes
- Gumbo Recipes
- How to Fry Okra
- About Okra and a Variety of Recipes