This is an easy appetizer made with tuna salad and bread.
- 1 loaf white sandwich bread, unsliced
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- thinly sliced green bell pepper, about 40 very thin slices
Cut loaf lengthwise into 8 slices. Trim crusts. Roll bread lightly with a rolling pin. Spread with softened butter. Combine tuna, mayonnaise or salad dressing, pimiento, and mustard. Spread each slice with about 1/4 cup of filling. Place 5 strips of green bell pepper evenly on top of the filling on each bread slice. Roll up, jely-roll style, beginning at narrow end. Wrap and chill thoroughtly. Slice in pinwheels about 3/8-inch thick. Makes about 40 appetizer sandwiches.