- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 package (8 ounces) process American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mild to medium chunky salsa
- cayenne or finely chopped jalepeno chile, to taste
- chopped green onion or cilantro, for garnish, optional
Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly,for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts and the mixture is well blended. Cool and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro, if desired.
Serve this flavorful dip with tortilla chips, assorted crackers, or vegetable dippers.
Makes about 3 cups.