- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 pound sausage, hot or mild, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt, optional
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
Combine biscuit mix,cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, sausage, and seasonings until well blended, using hands or an electric stand mixer with paddle beater. Add chopped pecans, if desired. Wet hands with cool water and shape the mixture into 1-inch balls; place on the prepared baking pan. Moisten hands from time to time as needed to prevent sticking. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on tops and deeper brown on bottoms.