These tasty bite-sized tacos are perfect for parties or game day snacks.
- 1 small avocado, peeled, halved, pitted, and mashed
- 1 tomato, peeled, cored, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- dash Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 9 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a medium bowl, stir mashed avocado and half of the chopped tomato together. Add chopped onion, garlic, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice, salt, and chili powder. Chill thoroughly.
Quarter each tortilla. Pour vegetable oil into a small saucepan to about 1-inch in depth; heat to frying temperature. Fry tortilla quarters, one at a time, holding with tongs while moving to form a "cup." Fry for several seconds, or until tortilla is crispy. Repeat with each tortilla quarter until all are done; drain on paper towels.
Place shredded lettuce in each tortilla, top with a teaspoonful of avocado mixture, then sprinkle with chopped tomato and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Makes 36 small appetizer tacos.
More Appetizer Recipes
Chili Biscuit Cups
Glazed Sausage Bites
Appetizer Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Ham and Cheddar Bundles
Ground Beef Nachos Recipe
Mini Cheddar and Green Onion Quiches