- Pie pastry for 2-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or other spicy mustard
- 1 cup half-and-half, or half heavy cream and half whole milk
Roll pie crust out to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 2 1/2-inch rounds; fit into the mini muffin cups. Brush pastry with butter.
Sprinkle about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of green onion into each cup; top with a small amount of shredded cheese.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients; spoon 1 scant tablespoon into each cup, just short of the top of the pastry. Sprinkle each with a little more green onion.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. Makes about 36 mini quiches.