These little appetizer sandwiches are made with muffuletta ingredients and biscuits.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/4 cup pimiento stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 ounces ham or salami slices, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese or Mozzarella, finely shredded
Finely chop the drained pickled vegetables. Combine with olives, ham or salami, garlic, and olive oil. Chill for at least 1 hour. Bake biscuits according to package directions; cool slightly. Scoop out center of 16 biscuits (reserve remaining biscuits for another use). Stir cheese into the vegetable mixture and spoon 1 heaping tablespoon into each hollowed out biscuit. Bake filled biscuits at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm.