I used a mixture of large golden delicious apples and Granny Smith apples, and 5 apples was more than enough.
This delicious crisp is the perfect dessert for a crisp fall day. Cinnamon spices the topping, and pecans add crunch.
- 6 tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (5 if the apples are large)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped cranberries (about 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, quick or regular
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Cut in cold butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in chopped pecans. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit and press down lightly. Bake at 375° for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is browned and fruit is tender and bubbly.
You Might Also Like