Chicken breasts baked with pineapple and seasonings.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Mix together flour, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg; dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture. In a heavy skillet brown chicken breasts in melted butter. When chicken is golden brown, transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce and sugar; mix well and pour over chicken. Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until chicken is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes longer, basting with pan juices several times. Serve sauce with the chicken, if desired.
Pineapple Chicken Recipe serves 6 to 8.