- 4 to 6 chicken leg quarters
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, spicy or mild, your favorite
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced crystallized or candied ginger, optional
Heat oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook, turning to brown all sides.
Arrange the browned chicken in an 11x7-inch baking dish (or larger).
Combine remaining pineapple and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Combine flour and water in a cup and stir to form a smooth paste. Stir into the barbecue sauce mixture along with the ground ginger and candied ginger, if using. Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Baste with sauce occasionally while the chicken is baking.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Chicken Recipes
Crock Pot Rustic Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Island Barbecued Chicken Leg Quarters
Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Buffalo-Style
Russian Chicken, Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Provincial Chicken Recipe
Easy Chicken Gemelli Bake
Chicken Bake With Black Beans and Salsa