- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (part dry white wine, if desired)
Combine the garlic, oregano, salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Add olive oil and mix well. Use a mortar and pestle to make a paste consistency, or mash with a fork.
Wash chicken leg quarters and pat dry. Snip off any excess skin. Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking dish and pat the garlic mixture over each quarter. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth (part dry white wine, if desired) into the baking dish. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear.