Large Photo of This Baked Ham
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 large ready-to-cook smoked ham, about 12 to 16 pounds
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon or gourmet mustard, your favorite
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer or temperature probe registers about 145°.
Meanwhile make the glaze. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, mustard, and vinegar. Stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Add water and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring, for 1 minute.
Remove the foil from the ham and remove excess fat. Score the ham all over the surface, creating a diamond pattern. Return to the oven and continue baking to about 155 to 160°, basting with the glaze mixture frequently.