If you're looking for an easy everyday family recipe, this is an excellent choice.
A cheesy biscuit topping makes this an extra-special family casserole, perfect for any meal. Frozen biscuits make it easy to prepare, and it's so easy on the budget.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, green or other colors, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 hot dogs, sliced
- 6 frozen biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Cheddar Jack cheese
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and bell pepper until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine the onion and pepper mixture, the beans, barbecue sauce, mustard, sugar, pepper, salt, and sliced hot dogs. Spoon into the baking dish. Top with the biscuits and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and beans are bubbly.