- 3 to 4 pounds top sirloin roast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large potatoes, cut in 1 to 2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped, 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1 cup beer
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes, until browned.
Put potatoes, carrots, and celery in the slow cooker; top with half of the onions. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Top with the browned beef then the remaining onions.
Combine the condensed soup and beer; pour about 1 cup into the hot pan and scrape up any browned bits. Pour the pan contents and remaining beer and broth mixture over the beef. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.