Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups cubed leftover beef
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas and carrots, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- pie pastry for 1-crust pie
- evaporated milk or regular milk
In a medium saucepan, cook onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour and salt until smooth and bubbly. Stir in beef broth. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Add leftover beef, peas and carrots, and parsley; heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt if necessary. Pour beef mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Prepare pastry; roll out to about 1/2-inch larger than casserole top. Place over hot beef mixture. Cut several slits in the top for steam escape, turn edge under and crimp all around. Brush lightly with milk. Bake beef pot pie at 450° for 20 to 25 minutes.
This beef pot pie with leftover beef serves 6.