- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced, cooked beef or pork
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups meat stock or part milk for creamy filling
- 1/2 cup diced cooked carrots
- refrigerator biscuits, frozen, or homemade
Slowly brown onion, pepper, celery and meat in cooking fat, stirring constantly. Add flour slowly, stirring constantly, until brown. Add remaining ingredients. Heat thoroughly. Pour into shallow, well-oiled baking dish. Cover with biscuits.
Bake in hot oven, about 450° F. for about 15 minutes, until biscuits are browned.