- 1 pound of round steak, cubed small
- 1 large onion chopped to suit
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) tomatoes, undrained
- 4 beef bouillon cubes or equivalent base or granules
- 1 can (appr. 15 oz) green beans, drained (Italian style or regular)
- 1 can (12 ounces) V-8 juice
- 1 handful (appr. 1/4 cup) barley
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Brown cubed beef and onion in a small amount of oil in a Dutch oven. When meat is browned and onion is tender, add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for an hour or so. The barley adds a lot to the flavor.
Suzy's Note: I sliced cabbage up one time and added that and it was really good too.
More Beef Soup Recipes