Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup dry red or burgundy wine (pinot noir)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (14 to 16 ounces) whole onions, drained, or 1 1/2 cups frozen
- 12 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. If desired, cut stew beef into smaller pieces; dredge in the seasoned flour, coating all sides thoroughly. Melt butter and oil in a Dutch oven; add half of the meat. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned. Repeat with remaining meat.
Return all meat to the Dutch oven; add carrots, wine, bouillon, mushrooms, and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Add onions and continue cooking until heated through.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
To serve, arrange meat mixture over noodles on a large platter or in individual shallow bowls.
Beef Burgundy Recipe serves 4.