Dill and sour cream flavor this hearty, tasty beef stroganoff recipe.
Serve the beef with hot cooked noodles and rice, along with a salad or vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef or beef tips, cut into small pieces or thin strips
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion, about 1 large onion
- 4 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add meat in 2 to 3 batches, browning each batch quickly. Set aside and keep warm. Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in flour; blend well and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in beef broth. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Add beef and dill to the mixture. Add salt, pepper and sour cream; heat through - do not boil. Serve over rice or noodles.
You Might Also Like
Beef Stroganoff with Sour Cream and Tomato Juice
Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
Meatball Beef Stroganoff
Super Easy Beef Stroganoff
Easy Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
Budget Beef Stroganoff
Slow Cooker Beef Recipes Index