Yield: Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 cup fresh cleaned raspberries, halved if large
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling, optional
Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan.
Rinse and drain raspberries.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another smaller bowl, whisk egg with the milk. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry mixture along with the melted butter. Mix lightly to combine, just until ingredients are moistened. The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
Sprinkle raspberries and pecans or walnuts over the batter and gently fold into the batter. Spoon into the prepared muffin pans.
Bake for 18 to 21 minutes, until a cake tester or pick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.