Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 quart milk (4 cups), divided
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon sticks, for stirring, optional
- whipped cream, optional
In a small bowl, combine cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Heat 1 cup of milk in a saucepan until bubbling. Stir in cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
Stir in remaining 3 cups milk and return to boiling. Whisk until frothy; stir in cream and vanilla then heat through.
Top with a little whipped cream and add cinnamon sticks to each mug, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.