- 4 ounces butter, room temperature (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced, optional
In a mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of butter, shredded cheese, sour cream, and herbs. In another bowl, combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the first mixture just until blended. Spoon the dough into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
While biscuits are baking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan with the sliced garlic, if using. If using garlic, heat over very low heat for about 2 minutes or until aromatic. Do not let the garlic brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
Brush the hot biscuits with the melted butter. Serve warm.
Makes 12 biscuits.