This black-eyed pea dip recipe is best served hot with tortilla chips for dipping. The combination of ingredients and seasonings make a delicious, spicy dip.
Thanks to Sandy for posting this recipe. The canned peas make it a quick dip to put together, and it could be served right from a slow cooker or chafing dish.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of black-eyed peas
- 1 can (about 10 ounces) Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté bell peppers, celery and onions in a small amount of oil, until tender. Add black pepper, Tabasco, ketchup, bullion cubes, and cinnamon.
Reduce heat to low; add peas, tomatoes, garlic and sugar. Simmer 30 minutes.
Serve hot with corn chips for dipping.
Makes 1 quart of dip.
Shared by Sandy
You Might Also Like