- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed, lst dry
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 box yellow cake mix, butter or lemon
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
Mix cake mix with 1 egg, softened butter and the remaining lemon zest. Pat into a buttered and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar with cream cheese and remaining 3 eggs until smooth. Gently stir in blueberry mixture; pour over cake. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until browned. Let cool completely; chill and cut into squares.
Serve with fresh blueberries and a dusting of confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like