- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, (may use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for topping
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well; stir in milk.
Combine dry ingredients and add to the mixture; stir to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
Fill greased muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with a little sugar. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes about 12 muffins.