- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa, or very finely chopped pecans
Working with fingertips, shape into 1-inch balls; roll in finely chopped pecans, sugar, or unsweetened cocoa. Place on a tray or baking sheet, cover loosely, and chill for at least 1 hour. If desired, put each truffle in a decorative fluted paper or foil cup and keep in tightly covered container in the refrigerator until giving or serving. Keep these refrigerated, tightly covered.