Fresh minced garlic and chopped parsley flavor this yeast bread, and a little wheat germ and bran give it great texture.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 4 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 1/4 cups water
Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and use the basic bread cycle according to the bread machine manufacturer's directions. Let the loaf cool before slicing. Serve plain or toasted. Makes a 1 1/2-pound loaf.