This tasty yeast bread is an excellent way to include nutritious beets in your diet.
I make this on the quick cycle of my Zojirushi bread machine. If you use active dry yeast, use about 2 teaspoons and set the machine on the basic cycle.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup pureed beets (about 1 can - 15 ounces - sliced beets, drained and pureed)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 teaspoons instant or bread machine yeast