- 8 ounces French bread, torn into small pieces, about 5 cups
- 2 cups half-and-half, or half milk and half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon sugar, optional
In a bowl, cover the torn bread with the half-and-half; set aside.
In another bowl, combine eggs, sugars, pumpkin, cranberries, melted butter, spices, and vanilla; blend well. Pour pumpkin mixture over soaked bread and stir to blend.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar, if desired. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until set.
Serve with a vanilla dessert sauce or brown sugar sauce, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
The bread pudding is shown with Brown Sugar Sauce
No-Bake Pumpkin Butter Pie
Autumn Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pound Cake With Maple Pecan Glaze
Pumpkin Cake With Broiled Coconut Topping
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Filled Pumpkin Cookies