Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 slices white bread, crust removed, cut into cubes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cubed, cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, onion, and green pepper. Whisk together eggs and milk; pour over ham and cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until set.
Western ham and egg casserole serves 8.