- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 6 to 8 sausage patties, cooked
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
Tear bread into small pieces and sprinkle in bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole. Arrange sausage patties over the bread; sprinkle with green onion, tomato, then the cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika. Pour slowly over cheese layer.
Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
If refrigerating overnight, take casserole out of refrigerator about 1/2 hour before baking. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes, until set in middle.
Serves 4 to 6.
Spicy Breakfast Casserole With Andouille Sausage
Ham and Egg Casserole
Bacon and Egg Casserole With Tomatoes
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Bacon and Egg Casserole
Egg and Sausage Bake
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe with Sausage and Potatoes