- 8 frozen or refrigerated biscuits, baked according to package directions
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend, such as Cheddar Jack or a similar combination
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
Butter a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Heat Split the biscuits and line the baking dish with the biscuit halves, cut side up.
Brown sausage in a large skillet with onions, breaking up the sausage as it cooks. Add the chile peppers and seasonings. Sprinkle the sausage mixture evenly over the biscuit layer. Top with the cheese.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk with salt and pepper. Pour over the cheese layer.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until set. A knife should come out clean when inserted in the center.
Serve with sliced tomatoes or fresh salsa on the side. Serves 6 to 8.