Yield: Serves 6
- 1 pie shell, unbaked, 9-inch or 10-inch
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and well drained
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
Combine milk, eggs,
butter, flour, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese; whisk until well blended.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over crust. Layer drained broccoli, ham,
and mushrooms on cheese layer. Pour milk and egg mixture over all, taking care not to overfill. Depending on the size of your pie dish, you might have to discard a little of the egg mixture. Place a foil-lined baking sheet or large square of foil under the pie dish to catch any drips. Bake at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4 to 6 servings.