Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 packages (approximately 10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (about 2 ounces)
- 1 roll garlic cheese*
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) cream of chicken soup
- soft bread crumbs tossed with a few teaspoons of melted butter, for topping
Cook broccoli in salted water until barely tender. Drain and place broccoli in baking dish. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Slice garlic cheese and combine in saucepan with soups. Heat through until cheese is melted; pour over broccoli. Bake broccoli and cheese casserole at 375° until bubbly.
Top broccoli cheese casserole with buttered bread crumbs and return to oven until crumbs are browned.
Broccoli cheese rolls are no longer available. To substitute, replace with 6 ounces of Velveeta cheese and about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.