Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, beaten eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter. Stir in flour and salt.
Stir nuts and the chocolate chips into batter. Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until chocolate brownies are firm and begin to pull away from sides of pan.
Cool before cutting into squares.
You Might Also Like