- 1/2 cup flour, sifted before measuring
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs together until light and fluffy. Beat in melted butter and chocolate; stir in flour mixture then fold in the chopped nuts.
Spread batter in prepared pan; bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cut brownies in squares while still warm; cool completely in pan.
You Might Also Like