Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted (2 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Mint Frosting, below
Thoroughly cream butter, sugar, and vanilla; beat in eggs then blend in melted chocolate. Stir in the flour and chopped walnuts or pecans. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- dash salt
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- few drops red food coloring, optional
Cream butter, peppermint, and salt; gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar, creaming until light. Add remaining confectioners' sugar and the milk. Beat until smooth. Add more confectioners' sugar or milk, if needed for a good spreading consistency. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring to tint pink.
Frost cooled brownies.
More Chocolate Brownies