- Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pound (about 3 1/2 cups) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 to 6 tablespoons evaporated milk or half-and-half, heated
Grease and flour a 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350°.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. Add dry mixture to the first mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in nuts. Spread in prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on rack.
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth. Sift confectioners' sugar; add to the cocoa mixture along with vanilla and enough hot milk or half-and-half to make the mixture soft and spreadable. Spoon evenly over brownies and spread to cover thoroughly.
You Might Also Like