Mini chocolate chips top these easy praline style cookie bars to give them extra flavor and appeal.
This recipe makes a big batch of brown sugar pecan bar cookies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Makes 3 Dozen Squares
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, 12 ounces
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Grease an 18 x 13 x 1-inch half-sheet pan or spray with baking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to blend and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread in the prepared baking pan; sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until nicely browned and firm.
You Might Also Like
I used a mixture of milk chocolate and peanut butter morsels in these great tasting bars. You could use milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips in these brownies, or use all peanut butter chips.
These chocolate filled oatmeal bars are perfect for a special occasion, or bake them for a weekend treat for your family.
These buttery chocolate chip brownies are a family favorite, and they're so easy to mix and bake.