- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour, 9 ounces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- sifted confectioners' sugar for topping
Heat oven to 325°. Blend together the butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
Pat flour and butter mixture into ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to a rack while you make the filling.
For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Pour over first layer.
Return to oven and bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while the bars are still warm.
You Might Also Like
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars