Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Beat eggs in, one at a time.
Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl and blend well. Add the flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture and stir until blended. .
Fold in the chopped nuts and chocolate chips and vanilla. Spread in a greased jelly roll pan, 15 x 10 x 1 inch.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into bars while warm.