Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°.
Melt the butter; set aside to cool.
Whisk the flour with salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat egg until foamy. Add brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; beat well.
Stir in flour mixture, then walnuts.
With a spatula, spread batter in well-greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake 23 to 28 minutes, or until top has formed a crust.
Cut into 2-inch bars; cool in pan.
Makes about 16 walnut bars.